WHAT’S THE JOB, IN BRIEF?
The Country Manager will be responsible for the setup and continual development of Rescue Projects in the chosen project nation. Tasks will include the coordination of day-to-day project management, including, but not limited to, overseeing project finances, training and leading of staff, overseeing rescue operations, and ensuring the overall well-being of children in our care.
WHAT DOES THE JOB INVOLVE?
- Partners with staff to prepare a comprehensive budget
- Responsible for securing adequate funding for operation of organization
- Responsible for administering the funds of the organization:
- Authorizes all expenditures (Staff wages, rental contracts, etc.)
- Authorizes monthly budget
- Ensures that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are being followed
- Prepares financial reports for donors (where applicable)
- Responsible for the purchase of capital items.
- Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Responsible for writing and submitting various reports to Destiny Rescue International Office:
- Finance reports
- Progress reports
- General reports
- Responsible for submitting a weekly report for the founder in the approved format
- Responsible for completion of initial profiles on each girl (time of admission)
- Communicates with Vocational Training Coordinator to access appropriate long-term skills for each girl
- Partners with House Manager and Production Manager to ensure vocational training is implemented
- Provide marketing info etc to Destiny Rescue offices
- Liaise closely with Rescue Project Manager
- Responsible for being on call 24/7 for immediate issues in the project
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Determines staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and selecting staff
- Oversees the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensures that all staff receives an orientation to the organization, and all applicable training
- Health Training
- Conflict Resolution Training
- Self-Defense Training
- Verifies that all staff have completed their health screening (TB check and Hep)
- Responsible for implementing an on-going performance management process for all staff
- Liaise with local authorities and anti-trafficking police to build relationship
- Research and development for expansion of the project and increasing influence in the area
- Responsible for identifying ‘hot spots’
- Developing strategy for differing situations eg. Karaoke, massage, etc.
WHERE IS THIS ROLE BASED?
WHAT’S THE MINIMUM TIME COMMITMENT?
HOW MANY HOURS PER WEEK?
This role is full-time, working 40 hours/week
Like what you see?